Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update on Zeke

Many of you already know what is going on with Zeke but I thought I'd put an update on the blog anyway. We had his appointment last Thursday to find out the results from the 8 hour EEG test he had done about 2 weeks ago. The doctor indicated that he did not have any seizures during that test but did notice some unusual readings when he is trying to transition from sleep stage 1 to sleep stage 2. So she prescribed him some medication for migraines.

After the appointment both Nick and I had very mixed feelings. To make a long story short, we are seeking a second opinion. I found out on Friday that our insurance WILL cover it (thank-you Lord!) and we have to get it going through the Primary Care Physician. As the advocates for Zeke's health, and as young as he is, we just don't feel right putting him on any other medication until we have more confidence in his diagnosis.

All those prayer warriors out there, please pray. I am praying specifically for a doctor who will take the time and will explain to us in layman's terms so we can better understand what exactly Zeke has. I know God has been teaching me through this whole circumstance. I told Nick the other day that it would be better if it were me going through something, but when it's your child it is really hard. Especially when they are so young and can't explain what is wrong with them. I guess this is just a fraction of a glimpse of what God felt when His only son suffered for ungrateful wicked people such as me.

As a mom I try not to worry and am constantly repeating the verse, "Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Will you pray with me? I will be forever grateful!

3 comments:

memepapa said...

We are always praying! Open Door Baptist Church of Midland, MI is praying also. Praise the Lord for covering a second opinion, we will pray for God's leading.

Rachel said...

I will pray with you, Amanda. I'm praying right now. The Lord will hear, and He will guide your steps. He loves Zeke even more than you do - cling to that.

Shannon said...

We're praying for little Zeke and for both you and Nick. I can't imagine what it would be like to not know exactly what is going on! You guys are amazing parents and I know the Lord will guide you in the decisions you make. I think its incredible that you're not making a decision about meds until you feel comfortable with the information you are getting. It shows A LOT of wisdom on your end, for sure. =) Definitely keep us posted. We're praying!!