Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a Trip!!!


During the school year with the youth group, we put on a competition that they participate in which rewards them through the year.  I grew up doing this in my youth group and remember that at the end of the year, there was a winner's trip.  Usually ours was to Chicago.  Well, we have been doing that hear in my youth group and it was a good year.  Many more things to perfect for next year, but it was really good.  The whole intention of our program here at RBTYG is that it helps build spiritual habits before anything else.  We have seen good things from that.  But as they do different things for the year, all their points add up and at the end of the school year we tally them up and the winning team goes on an all expense paid trip.  WE HAD AN AWESOME TRIP.  We took the winning team on a Whitewater rafting trip in Copperhill TN.  It was a packed trip, from Rafting the Nantahala and the Ocoee river, then horseback riding and doing a High Ropes Course and Low Ropes Course.  It was such a great time to spend with those teens and I am looking forward to this next years incentive program

1 comment:

Abby! said...

That sounds so awesome! And yes I knew which Amanda it was haha :). I can't wait to see you guys. Only one more month! I hope we can talk more now that it's the summer and everything. We can probably use the webcam more too. I miss you guys lots! Love, Abigail P.S. your sister :)