Friday, June 13, 2008

Old Giants

As many of you know, we got the results of Zeke's tests on Tuesday. If you don't know already, his EEG indicated he has a form of epilepsy, where as far as we know, he's having partial seizures while sleeping. There is a good chance he will grow out of this in time and if his medicine works, it should make his headaches go away.

We are very thankful to have some answers but are slightly overwhelmed. On the day we found this out we had some other "giants" come back. Sometimes when you have something happen to you it's hard to process all of it. I "forced" myself to do my devotions that day and God spoke to me about the very issue we were going through. It was in II Samuel 21:15-22; David was promised the throne but had one last "old enemy" to fight - the Philistines. In my devotional by Beth Moore she says, "Few things make us want to flee more than the prospect of an old battle...Have you ever noticed that Satan always chooses just the right time to haunt you through an old enemy? When you haven't had enough rest, when things have been emotional and turbulent, when you've been swinging from one extreme to the other, when you're completely vulnerable - that's when the enemy strikes."

David was weary fighting these old giants as I was. Satan was attacking at just the right moment and it was hard. I'm glad to know the victory was already mine even though I don't understand how it's all going to work out - I know he does.

We appreciate all of your prayers for Zeke. I'm also comforted to know that His grace is sufficient for all of us and I trust Him completely.

2 comments:

memepapa said...

You and the whole family are always in our prayers daily. We love you all very much. How true it is when you mentioned how and when Satan likes to attack but when we stay FAITHFUL to GOD----we always win.

Rachel said...

Awww, poor Zeke. I'm so glad you have answers though.

I think I understand exactly what you mean about "old giants." Our enemy is very skillful and knows just when to attack. It is good that you recognize this and see it for what it is, instead of falling into despair or blaming God (two things that are so easy to do!). I am impressed that you went to the Word first, even though you didn't feel like it. That was an encouragement to me.