Friday, May 23, 2008

School is Almost Done!!

Bryson took this picture today of their funny clown they put together in school. They each had to read one of the words on a flashcard and then put it in a sentence (this can be quite entertaining). After they read the word and everything they put a piece of the clown on. Anyway, Bryson thought the clown was really cool so he wanted to take a picture of it.

We are all looking forward to school being done for the summer. It's been a great year - one of learning which I'm sure I'll still be doing next year. I really didn't think I would like homeschooling and there are days where I don't really like it that much, but overall it is been something God has helped me be more open to. I never thought it would be something I would even consider, but I do find it's the best for our kids and our family. I just have to keep abiding in the vine (Christ) 'cause without Him I really can do nothing - especially not homeschooling!

On a side note please be in prayer for little AJ. We were out today and when we came home she was burning up. She had about 103 degree temperature and was throwing up. Her fever has come down but she's still not feeling well. Of course we are always busy on the weekends but this weekend in particular because of all the graduations and parties. Oh well, maybe God knew I needed to just rest with AJ and enjoy her even if she is sick.

We are also looking forward to Nick's mom coming down again :) for awhile. She is such a blessing and we are so blessed to have her. You really do appreciate your family more when you don't have them all the time. So those out there who live close to their families...don't take it for granted. No one cares for your children quite like a grandparent and our children have 4 wonderful grandparents.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, poor AJ...it's always so sad when babies are sick. Hope you get lots of cuddling time this weekend.

I have to say, I am impressed that you are homeschooling. Several of my close friends do too, and it looks like quite the job! I'm sure it is a sacrifice, but your children will benefit from the time they spend with you, no question.

Can I ask how you guys came to the decision to homeschool? Our kids aren't school age yet, but we are thinking and praying about a few options right now.

memepapa said...

AJ is always in our prayers, all our grandchildren are daily.
The clown is neat. The boys have been doing an awesome job with their schooling. I love to have them read to me (meme) when we are together.
Thank you Amanda for your devotion and love to our grand children. You will never regret it. They grow up way to fast.