Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun at School















I think the boys had a fun day at school today. On Thursdays I try to do some type of art project so today we broke out the new paints and had fun painting. Zeke's creative picture is of Noah's ark during the flood and it's storming. He's a very imaginative little boy. He even manages to name all of the vowels - but not by their real name, by the "good guy" name he gives them (he knows the proper one too). He then takes out his light saber (a white board marker) and defeats them when I say a word that uses their sound. He usually keeps them the same name and he wants them to be the good guys 'cause he is the bad guy. Funny little boy! He's been doing really well since we started school. His teachers at church even noticed he was listening really well.

Bryson was in a dress up mood and so he dressed up as a SWAT Policeman today. He thought it was pretty cool. He wanted to go to "www.SWATpolicemathgames.com" which of course doesn't exist but he thinks everything has a ".com". He had a faithful sidekick with him today, AJ, who helped him get all the bad guys and take them down. I thought he'd enjoy spelling a little more today if we pretended a ball was a grenade and when he spelled a word right he could throw it at me (spelling can get pretty boring, ya know??!!). Anyway, those were the exciting things we did at our "Church Academy." If I was a paid teacher at a job I probably would of called in sick but I guess there isn't a substitute that can come in for me, huh? Oh well, I survived by the grace of God (literally).





















One of Zeke's favorite parts of school is his computer time. He loves listening to the silly songs they sing on a "Jump Start Science" computer game. We do it at the end after lunch as a special reward for doing a good job at school. I love to hear him laughing at the funny songs and playing them over and over while learning at the same time.















God has been so good to me and helping me with all my insecurities about homeschooling. He's made it clear this is what He wants me to do but I sometimes struggle with what others think of my life and is it very meaningful in their eyes. I know that it doesn't matter but God gently reminded me through his Word and through the mouths of my own children. I believe God used Bryson to show me that my efforts for Him are not in vain. Yesterday he was extremely interested in learning all there was to know about the Bible and said he wanted to praise the Lord and serve Him. Although he hasn't come to understand completely what it means to ask Christ to save you or anything, seeds are being planted and I'm so excited to see him excited about God.

On a separate note, please remember to pray for Zeke. He is pretty much being reevaluated from the beginning and in more detail. We are slowly weaning him off the Depakote and he is no longer on any vitamin or mineral supplements. For those of you who don't know, the medicine that he was on was not working and his headaches/eye pain are continuing and getting more frequent. We are supposed to be taking back to the Ophthalmologist to reevaluate his eye and then he has another sleep deprived EEG scheduled for Sept. 15th but this one is 6 hours long. My sister explained to me why they sleep deprive him. Since they are looking to capture his seizures they need him to be in a state that is most likely to produce seizures, sleep deprivation. Normal people do not have seizures even if they are sleep deprived. If we just took him without him being sleep deprived than he may not have a seizure since he may not have them every time he sleeps. Anyway, prayers are appreciated as we go through this process again. I'm thankful we at least have a doctor who is willing to say she doesn't really know what's going on and willing to retest or whatever to get to the bottom of what is going on with him.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

There is such peace in knowing that you are obeying the Lord, no matter what it is He has asked of you. This will look different for each of us. But you can be sure that time you spend with your children is not wasted! There is nothing more valuable that you could invest your time in!

I am so impressed with you, Amanda, and love seeing who the Lord grew you up to be!

I'll pray for Zeke - I'm sure it's hard not to be anxious. :(

memepapa said...

We love hearing about the boys in their progress in school. I certainly agree with the comment before-you will never regret having this opportunity of teaching your children in school and out of school.
In a way, your the principal to (or is Nick) you could always call a sick day when your not feeling good. :)
GOD BLESS YOU!
That swat outfit looks good on Bryson glad he grew into it.
Zeke is on many prayer chains up here. It can be a very anxious time but we know that GOD will give you and Nick strength.
We love you all.